1. I wake up between 4 and 5am
every day. By choice. (Long gone are the days of enjoying a cold brew
at a backwoods bonfire with my friends until the sun rose…)
2. My skinny jeans, spiky heels and leather jackets have been replaced by yoga pants, dressy flats, and cardigans.
3. Instead of listening to music in the morning, I now tune in to
doctrinal law podcasts. (Sorry Ke$ha, now "I wake up in the morning
feelin' like an attorney…")
4. Speaking of music…why am I suddenly liking Taylor Swift? Yikes!
5. I have no idea what is going on concerning current events because I
haven't watched the news since before signing my life away to law
school.
6. I am suddenly wary of clicking "I agree" when updating my iOS user agreement.
7. I truly appreciate the value of one hour.
8. "Meal prep" for quick meals has turned into making sure I have enough
microwave popcorn and baby carrots to last me through the week.
9. Every dollar I spend on fun or frivolous activities is shadowed by the scary amount of student loan debt looming above me.
10. Finally, male law students who I didn't find particularly attractive
at the beginning of the year, seem to be getting increasingly more
attractive the more time we all spend in the library together. (Eerily
similar to the prison phenomenon…)
No comments:
Post a Comment