Winter Break? Ha! Try Winter Study Break. After a sluggish and
uncomfortable first semester I decided – in a dubious moment of aspirant
self-improvement – that I needed to use my break “productively” and
spend my time preparing for the next semester. I am only two days into
my next semester, so unfortunately I cannot tell you if my
hyper-activity during Winter Break was useful or not. But, I can tell
you that my Winter Break was anything but relaxing…
So, if you are looking to sap all the rest and relaxation from your
Winter Break, here are a handful of suggestions you should most
definitely utilize:
• Read and outline the U.S. Constitution (Sure, it maybe helpful,
but if you’re like me the first assignment in your Constitutional Law
class will be to read…wait for it…the Constitution. Imagine that…)
• You know the Texas Law Review’s Manual on Usage & Style? Well, you should read that, too.
• You have for four classes next semester? Well, I guess that
means you should find four corresponding outlines and read them before
going to bed each night.
• Do you know a lawyer? Take advantage of that connection! Put
on your suit and tie and spend multiple days following them around
various courthouses. (Warning: you will probably be mistaken for an
intern and tasked to get coffee at some point. For some reason you will
have to foot the bill.)
• And lastly, it’s never too early to look at practice tests…
No comments:
Post a Comment